For more information:
Katie Spillman, PR Counsel
Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport
(850) 224‑0174 or email@example.com
For Immediate Release:
ECP Provides Travel Tips Ahead of Busy Holiday Season
This holiday season, Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport (ECP) is anticipating record high passenger numbers. Preparations are underway to make passenger travel at ECP easy and low stress, including more staff. ECP is offering the following tips and information to ease some of the stress associated with holiday travel.
- Plan ahead and arrive early. ECP is expecting an uptick in passengers this holiday season. TSA recommends passengers plan to arrive two hours before a domestic flight to ensure enough time to get through security with time to spare. We have expanded the parking lots to accommodate the overflow of travelers and offer a variety of ground transportation options that make it easy to access the airport’s surrounding areas.
- Know the do’s and don’ts of getting through security. Traveling with leftovers and pets doesn’t have to make your next holiday escape a hassle. Solid foods such as baked goods, meat and fruits can be stored in your carry-on bag. However, liquids and spreadable foods such as spinach dip must follow the 3−1−1 liquids rule. Also, check with your airline if you plan to travel with an animal as restrictions may apply. For a complete list of carry-on approved items, visit TSA.gov to learn more.
- Take advantage amenities and destress before and after your flight. The Military Welcome Center at ECP offers a quiet place for active duty, retired military personnel and Department of Defense employees to unwind. The recently completed Service Animal and Pet Service Area is located outside the terminal building near the ground transportation area. While you wait for your flight or ride, the airport also offers mailing services, copy/fax service, computer workstations and more.
- Pack your patience. ECP is fully staffed, stocked and prepared for a busy holiday season. The key to making holiday travel headache-free is arriving with plenty of time to get through what may be a busy security checkpoint, shop for gifts or enjoy any of our restaurants.
“Passenger safety and security are our top priorities,” said Parker W. McClellan, Jr., A.A.E., Airport Executive Director. “We expect more passengers than usual in the terminal, both frequent flyers and those not so familiar with the airport process. Preparation and patience are vital for a smooth travel experience.”
About Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport
Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport (ECP) offers some of the region’s lowest average airfares and is located less than 30 minutes from Panama City Beach, Panama City and the beaches of South Walton. Today, with service from American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Southwest Airlines, and United Airlines, ECP provides daily flights to worldwide destinations, including nonstop flights to Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS) Baltimore (BWI), Charlotte (CLT), Chicago (MDW/ORD), Colombus (CMH), Dallas (DAL/DFW), Denver (DEN), Houston (HOU/IAH), Kansas City (MCI), Nashville (BNA), St. Louis (STL) and Washington DC (DCI). The first international airport to be built in more than a decade, ECP provides Northwest Florida communities with first-class facilities and was strategically developed for major economic development opportunities. ECP is the gateway to visitors seeking Northwest Florida’s famous beaches.