FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ECP Prepares for Holiday Travel Rush
Preparations underway to manage increased passenger traffic
Panama City, FL (December 18, 2023) – As airports around the globe prepare for increased passenger activity this holiday travel season, officials at Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport (ECP) are preparing for what could be the busiest holiday travel period the Airport has ever experienced. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has screened a record number of passengers this year and anticipates airport security checkpoints nationwide will be busier than ever this holiday travel season.
“We are fully staffed, stocked and prepared to welcome holiday travelers this season,” said Parker W. McClellan, Jr., A.A.E., ECP Executive Director. “We’re working closely with our partners and pledge to do everything we can to ensure passengers traveling through ECP have a safe, smooth and enjoyable experience.”
Preparations are underway by various ECP teams and partners:
- Increased staffing: ECP is prepared to handle the higher volume of passengers with a fully staffed team at the ready to make your travel day run smoothly.
- Collaboration with Airlines: ECP works closely with airline partners year-round to coordinate with them on their flight schedules, gate assignments, and baggage handling.
- Extra Amenities and Services: Need a ride to or from your parked vehicle? We can help with our FREE Shuttle Service. Save this number in your phone and give us a call: (850) 636‑8971.
- Collaboration with Ground Transportation Providers: ECP coordinates with ground transportation providers, such as rental car companies, taxis, ride-sharing services, and shuttle companies, to ensure there are enough ground transportation options to accommodate the increased demand.
- Parking Accommodations: ECP is wrapping up its parking lot construction projects designed to enhance your future Airport experience. We anticipate these parking lot projects will be completed by mid-December. Parking facilities will be at or near capacity for much of the holiday travel season. We encourage all passengers parking a vehicle to arrive at least two hours before a domestic flight to ensure enough time to park and get through the security checkpoint. We thank you for your patience during this time and remind you to arrive early. Parking options at ECP include short-term, long-term and covered parking for your convenience. It’s possible you may need to park in our overflow parking lot during this busy holiday season. The Airport’s parking team is working hard to make extra spaces available, including directing drivers to a temporary overflow lot, when needed. We thank our passengers for their patience and understanding during this busy season.
- Collaboration with TSA: Our TSA partner works hard to handle the uptick in holiday passenger traffic. If it’s been a while since your last trip, you may want to brush up on what to pack in your carry-on and checked baggage before arriving at ECP. Not every element of a holiday dinner can fly in your carry-on bag, but the Christmas cookies and delicious casseroles will clear TSA security. For a complete list of carry-on approved items, visit TSA.gov.
To ensure passengers have a smooth travel experience, ECP is urging those with flights to pack their patience and kindness this holiday season as thousands of travelers take to the skies.
About Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport
Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport (ECP) is located less than 30 minutes from Panama City Beach, Panama City, and the beaches of South Walton. Today, with service from American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Southwest Airlines, and United Airlines, ECP’s airline partners provide daily flights to worldwide destinations, including year-round and seasonal nonstop flights between ECP and Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS) Baltimore (BWI), Charlotte (CLT), Chicago (MDW/ORD), Dallas (DAL/DFW), Denver (DEN), Houston (HOU/IAH), Indianapolis (IND), Kansas City (MCI), Nashville (BNA), St. Louis (STL), Washington DC (DCA), and more. ECP provides Northwest Florida with first-class facilities and was strategically developed for major economic development opportunities. ECP is the gateway to visitors seeking Northwest Florida’s famous beaches.