PANAMA CITY-BAY COUNTY AIRPORT AND INDUSTRIAL DISTRICT
NORTHWEST FLORIDA BEACHES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
CLASSIFICATION: Procurement and Contracts Manager
SUPERVISOR: Director of Finance and Administration
EFFECTIVE DATE: October 1, 2023
PAY LEVEL: 190 ($54,900.26 — $102,753.71)
PAY CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
DEFINITION: Under general supervision of the Director of Finance & Administration, this position will have primary responsibility for managing the activities of procurement and contract administration for the Airport and directing the public solicitation process for goods and services as required. The incumbent achieves desired delivery, price, and quality targets and encourages competition between suppliers in procurement of goods and services.
Duties are performed with considerable independence requiring the exercise of judgment and initiative in day-to-day contracting and purchasing operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Using sound purchasing principles and ethical standards, purchases materials, supplies, equipment, and services in a timely fashion, with quality and price consistent with Airport needs and procedures.
- Works with each department to receive, review, and analyze procurement requests; discusses purchasing needs, objectives, and any special circumstances or requirements; and consults on most appropriate means of procurement which will ensure compliance with local, state and federal procurement regulations, meet the users’ needs, and obtain the best value.
- Prepares and administers solicitation packages for Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Invitations for Bids (ITBs) and other formal solicitations. Assists departments with writing technical specifications, scopes and selection criteria for desired products and/or services; and meets with users and department personnel to verify that specifications/scopes are consistent with end-user demands.
- Conducts and/or assists departments on market research on products and services and analyzes qualifying vendors.
- Ensures procurement and contract compliance with Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and other grant agencies.
- Develops and maintains purchasing and contracts calendars to ensure purchases, contracts and extensions are administered timely.
- Ensures proper insurance coverage and bonding, if necessary, for approved vendors.
- Ensures disadvantaged business enterprise (DBE) compliance in selection of vendors, if necessary.
- Reviews single/sole source purchase requests. Ensures that a diligent effort has been made to locate competitive sources and that the purchase is of best value. Ensures records of compliance to purchasing policy are in order.
- Assists departments with monitoring performance of various contractors and consultants to ensure compliance and anticipates and plans for future appropriate actions. Researches and resolves complaints from users regarding procured products or services; serves as liaison between vendors and product/service users.
- Works with finance personnel in researching and resolving financial and/or accounting questions which pertain to procurement activities. Reviews, approves or intervenes regarding the processing of vendor pay requests to confirm compliance against contract terms and conditions.
- Reviews, analyzes, creates, and maintains standard contract language, forms and related documents. Plans, initiates and conducts strategic contract negotiations. Drafts or reviews, negotiates and processes contract modifications such as change orders, amendments and supplemental agreements. Prepares or reviews non-standard contracts for review and approval by department heads, executive leadership and the Airport Board (when appropriate).
- Prepares, implements, and updates purchasing and contract related templates and procedures; interprets purchasing policies and procedures to departments, contractors, consultants and vendors.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
Experience in preparation and application of governmental procurement, contracts, and agreements required. Knowledge of principles and practices of airport facility operations and development preferred. Experience with airport procurement regulations with state and federal rules and requirements a plus. Familiarity with State of Florida Contracts and statutes of public procurement, FDOT, FAA and other grant agency procurement and contract requirements, and legal contract experience preferred.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in procurement and acquisitions, business, public administration, accounting, law or related field, four years of public sector procurement and contracting, and contract administration experience; or equivalent combination of formal education and appropriate related experience. Certification in procurement and contracts is preferred, such as a Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer or equivalent.
Skilled in the use of computers and the programs and applications necessary for successful job performance, to include a working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write contracts, reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, the Board of Director, and the general public.
Must possess strong interpersonal administrative skills and the ability to interface and effectively communicate with Airport staff, users, tenants, consultants, governmental entities and the general public. Must be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
MISCELLANEOUS REQUIREMENTS: Must pass pre-employment drug testing as well as periodic testing in accordance with airport policy; must pass a 10-year, fingerprint-based, criminal history records check as required by the Transportation Security Administration.