Katie Spillman, PR Counsel
Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport
(727) 236‑0284 or email@example.com
For Immediate Release:
Fly Like a Pro This Holiday Season
ECP’s top 10 passenger travel tips
PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. (November 2, 2021) – With the holiday travel season upon us, ECP and its airline partners are preparing for an uptick in passenger travel. For some people, it’s been more than two years since their last flight. Whether a frequent flyer or first-time traveler, ECP’s top 10 tips for holiday travel will have you flying like a pro this season.
“We expect an increase in passenger travel this holiday season, both frequent flyers and those not so familiar with the Airport process,” said Parker W. McClellan, Jr., A.A.E., Airport Executive Director. “Preparation and patience are vital for a smooth and safe travel experience.”
- Mask up. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) extended the face mask requirement for individuals across all transportation networks throughout the United States, including at airports and onboard commercial aircraft through January 18, 2022. Thank you for your cooperation in the Terminal and onboard the plane.
- Pack like a pro. Don’t forget the essentials.
- · Driver’s License/ID/Passport
- · Print or Digital Boarding Pass
- · Cash/Credit Card
- · Phone
- · Keys
- · Wallet
- · Chargers
- Arrive early. ECP expects an uptick in passengers this holiday season. TSA recommends passengers plan to arrive two hours before a domestic flight to ensure enough time to get through security with time to spare.
- Get Techy. Use technology to your advantage. Download your airline’s app to make check-in a smooth process. By digitally checking in, avoid time wasted at the check-in counter and head straight to security.
- Check out TSA PreCheck. Experience a smoother screening process – no need to remove shoes, belts, 3−1−1 liquids, laptops, or light jackets. In October 2021, 95% of TSA PreCheck passengers waited less than 5 minutes. Apply now.
- Know what flies. Planning and packing properly can facilitate the screening process and ease your travel experience. Know what you can pack in your carry-on and checked baggage before arriving at the airport.
- Grandma’s apple pie? Yes and yes! Check it or carry it on.
- Christmas lights? Yes and yes! Check it or carry it on.
- Baby food? Yes and yes! Check it or carry it on.
- Child car seat? Yes and yes! Check it or carry it on.
- Flowers? Yes and yes! Check it or carry it on.
- Golf clubs? Golf clubs may be checked by not carried on.
- For a complete list of carry-on approved items, visit TSA.gov to learn more.
- Fly early. There’s always a chance for a flight delay or cancellation. Fly early in the day to avoid delayed flights or a missed connection.
- Enjoy the experience.
- · Grab a locally crafted cold beer at ECP’s Landing Strip Bar or a hot cup of joe at Espressology.
- · Visit the Military Welcome Center at ECP offering a quiet place for active duty, retired military personnel and Department of Defense employees to unwind.
- · Utilize the Service Animal and Pet Service Area located just outside the Airport entrance.
- The keys to Ground Transportation. Our Ground Transportation partners offer a variety of options to access the Airport’s surrounding areas. Keep in mind, the Florida Department of Transportation is leading a four-land construction project on SR 388 and SR79 to east of Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport. While much of the work on SR 388 will take place off the existing roadway, improvements along the four-mile project may impact traffic coming and going near the Airport entrance.
- Pack your patience. ECP is fully staffed, stocked, and prepared for a busy holiday season. The key to making holiday travel headache-free is arriving with plenty of time to get to the Gate.
About Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport
Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport (ECP) is located less than 30 minutes from Panama City Beach, Panama City and the beaches of South Walton. Today, with service from American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Southwest Airlines, and United Airlines, ECP provides daily and seasonal flights to worldwide destinations, including nonstop flights between ECP and Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS) Baltimore (BWI), Charlotte (CLT), Chicago (MDW/ORD), Columbus (CMH), Dallas (DAL/DFW), Denver (DEN), Houston (HOU/IAH), Kansas City (MCI), Nashville (BNA), Philadelphia (PHL) St. Louis (STL), Washington DC (DCA) and more. ECP provides the Northwest Florida Region with first-class facilities and was strategically developed for major economic development opportunities. ECP is the gateway to visitors seeking Northwest Florida’s famous beaches. Visit iflybeaches.com to learn more.