CLASSIFICATION: Accounting Administrator
SUPERVISOR: Director of Finance and Administration
EFFECTIVE DATE: December 1, 2022
PAY LEVEL: 190 ($54,900 — $97,859.72)
PAY CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
DEFINITION: Under general supervision of the Director of Finance & Administration and the Manager of Finance & Administration, this position will have primary responsibility for administration of federal and state grant programs, capital projects accounting, lease administration, airport insurance programs, maintenance and analysis of financial information, and completion of required reports. The incumbent will manage and execute a variety of work activities related to grant and capital projects accounting such as monitoring, internal and external reporting, completing drawdown requests, managing key grant financial dates, maintaining audit-ready files, monitoring and reporting Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) and Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE) activities and accomplishments.
Duties are performed with considerable independence requiring the exercise of judgment and initiative in day-to-day accounting operations.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Responsible for the preparation, data collection, reporting and monitoring of the federal and state grant programs, including quarterly and annual reports, grant draws, documentation, and closeout.
- Actively participate in annual audit and specific audits as required.
- Maintain the administration of the airport property and casualty insurance program, including applications, claims and annual inventory.
- Respond to requests for informational surveys, whether outgoing or incoming.
- Administer the District’s DBE and ACDBE programs including annual reporting, monitoring, and other duties as required.
- Assist in the preparation, monitoring, correspondence, and renewing of revenue leases held by the District. Maintains and prepares all correspondence with lessees related to compliance with their leases to include, but not limited to, rent increases, certificates of insurance, and renewals. Maintains the airport’s lease database and enters and updates information as needed.
- Ensure internal, contractor and vendor compliance with the purchasing policies of the District, state and federal governments in relation to all contract work and purchasing.
- Complete all budget to actual accounting activities for the Airport capital and construction programs, monitor prime contracts spending to ensure timely and accurate accounting for costs and compliance with related contracts.
- Assist with the annual budget process and audit.
- Provides general staff support as needed.
- Performance of other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor’s degree accounting, finance or business administration. Three years of relevant accounting experience required, with experience with grants, contracts, and governmental compliance desired. A Master’s degree may substitute for one year of experience. Knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting and capital budgeting theories and standards (GAAP and GASB) to include understanding and implementing new accounting standards. Ability to interpret, analyze and reconcile accounting data. Skilled in the use of computers and the programs and applications necessary for successful job performance, to include a working knowledge of Microsoft Office with a primary focus on Microsoft Excel. Experience with Sage 50 a plus. Must be a self-started and work well independently and in a team setting. Airport experience is highly desired as is a Certified Public Accountant.
Must possess strong interpersonal administrative skills and the ability to interface and effectively communicate with Airport staff, users, tenants, consultants, governmental entities and the general public. Must be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
MISCELLANEOUS REQUIREMENTS: Must pass pre-employment drug testing as well as periodic testing in accordance with airport policy; must pass a 10-year, fingerprint-based, criminal history records check as required by the Transportation Security Administration.