INVITATION TO BID
The Panama City-Bay County Airport and Industrial District, dba Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport, will accept sealed bids for the providing and installation of two (2) replacement Bipart Sliding Automatic Doors at the Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport until 2:00 p.m. CST, on, January 14, 2020.
Bids may be submitted in person in the Airport Administrative Office at 6300 West Bay Parkway, Box A, Panama City Beach, Florida, or via U. S. mail or courier service. Bids must be plainly marked,
“Bipart Sliding Automatic Doors – January 14, 2020”
Only bids submitted on the bid sheet provided with this invitation will be considered responsive. All bids must be received by 2:00 p.m., CST on, January 14, 2020. When submitting written bids, please submit one (1) original and one (1) copy of all documents to the Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport, 6300 West Bay Parkway, Box A, Panama City Beach, Florida 32409. Please review all documents pertaining to this bid before submitting requested information.
Bids for the “Bipart Sliding Automatic Doors” will be opened at 2:00 p.m. CST on January 14, 2020 in the Administrative Offices of the Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport, located at 6300 West Bay Parkway, Panama City, FL 32409.
The Airport reserves the right to reject any one or all bids, or any part of any bid, to waive any informality in any bid, and to award a contract deemed to be in the best interest of the Airport.
Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport Darlene D. Nelson, CPA
Director of Finance and Administration
- The purpose of this bid is to establish a firm, fixed price for the acquisition and professional installation of two (2) replacement Bipart Sliding Automatic Doors, in the Airport’s terminal building in accordance with purchasing policies of the Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport.
- Bids must be received in the Airport Administrative Office at 6300 West Bay Parkway, Box A, Panama City Beach, Florida, by 2:00 p.m., CST on January 14, 2020 in order to be considered responsive. Bids must be plainly marked, “Bipart Sliding Automatic Doors – January 14, 2020”.
- The Airport reserves the right to reject any one or all bids, or any part of any bid, to waive any informality in any bid and to award a contract deemed to be in the best interest of the Airport.
- All questions regarding this bid shall be in writing and directed to email@example.com . All questions and responses will be made available on the Airport’s website at www.iflybeaches.com. Questions will be accepted until 2:00 p.m. on January 10, 2020.
- All of the work areas included in this “Invitation to Bid” are accessible to the public. Requests to schedule a special site visit, should it be necessary, to evaluate the scope of work should be directed in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sight visits will be accommodated Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. through January 13, 2020.
All bids must be valid for a minimum of 60 days after the bid is opened.
- The successful bidder shall warranty installation labor for a period of one year from the date of acceptance of the work.
- The successful bidder shall supply the Airport with warranty information on the proposed equipment used for this project.
J. No alterations or deviations involving extra costs will commence without a duly executed Change Order.
K. The successful bidder shall be licensed in the State of Florida to perform the type of work requested under this Invitation to Bid.
L. The successful bidder will be responsible for obtaining any required permits and conducting an acceptance inspection.
- Work on the project shall be begin immediately upon issuance of purchase order by the Airport and must be completed within an agreed upon timeline.
0. The successful bidder shall not be liable for any failure of or delay in the performance of this Agreement for the period that such failure or delay is due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, strikes or any other force majeure event.
Scope of Work
The scope of work includes the turnkey acquisition and installation of two (2) bipart sliding automatic doors (the two doors are considered a set to include an outer door and inner door at one entrance location) located in the terminal building at the Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport. Work and equipment provided shall be in accordance with the attached “Bipart Sliding Automatic Door” specification.
Ill. Insurance Requirement
The Contactor shall procure and maintain the following described insurance, except for coverage(s) specifically waived by Owner, on policies and with insurers acceptable to Owner. These insurance requirements shall not limit the liability of Contractor.
The insurance coverage(s) and limits required of Contractor under this Invitation to Bid are designed to meet the minimum requirements of Owner and the Owner does not represent these types or amounts of insurance to be sufficient or adequate to protect the Contractor’s interests or liabilities. Contractor alone shall be responsible to the sufficiency of its own insurance program.
The Contractor and the Contractor’s subcontractors and sub-subcontractors shall be solely responsible for all of their property, including but not limited to any materials, temporary facilities, equipment and vehicles, and for obtaining adequate and appropriate insurance covering any damage or loss to such property. The Contractor and · the Contractor’s subcontractors and sub-subcontractors shall expressly waive any claim against the Owner arising out of or relating to any damage or loss of such property, even if such damage or loss is due to the fault or neglect of the Owner or anyone for whom the Owner is responsible. The Contractor is obligated to include, or cause to be included, provisions similar to this paragraph in all of the Contractor’s subcontracts and its subcontractor’s contracts with their sub-subcontractors.
The Contractor’s deductibles/self-insurance retention’s must be disclosed to Owner and are subject to Owner’s approval. The Contractor is responsible of the amount of any deductible or self-insured retention. Any deductible or retention applicable to any claim or loss shall be the responsibility of Contractor and shall not be greater than $25,000, unless otherwise agreed to, in writing, by Owner.
Insurance required of the Contractor or any other insurance of the Contractor shall be considered primary, and insurance of Owner shall be considered excess, as may be applicable to claims or losses which arise out of or relate to the Work or this Project.
- Workers’ Compensation and Employers’ Liability Insurance Coverage: The Contractor shall purchase and maintain workers’ compensation and employers’ liability insurance for all employees engaged in the Work, in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida. Limits of coverage shall not be less than:
$500,000 Limit Each Accident
$500,000 Limit Disease Aggregate
$250,000 Limit Disease Each Employee
- Commercial General Liability Coverage: Contractor shall purchase and maintain commercial general liability insurance on a full occurrence form. Coverage shall include, but not be limited to, Premises and Operations, Personal Injury, Contractual for this Contract, Independent Contractors, Broad Form Property Damage, Products and Completed Operation Liability Coverage(s) and shall not exclude coverage for the “X” (Explosion), “C” (Collapse) and “U” (Underground) Property Damage Liability exposures. Limits of coverage shall not be less than:
$ 1,000,000 Combined Single Limit Each Occurrence
$ 2,000,000 Aggregate Limit
Contractor shall add Owner as an additional insured through the use of Insurance Service Office Endorsements No. CG 20.20 .22.85 wording or equivalent, or broader, an executed copy of which shall be attached to or incorporated by reference on the Certificate of Insurance to be provided by Contractor pursuant to the requirements of the Project Documents.
- Business Automobile Liability Coverage: The Contractor shall purchase and maintain Business Automobile Liability Insurance as to ownership, maintenance, use, loading and unloading of all of Contractor’s owned, non-owned, leased, rented or hired vehicles with limits not less than:
$1,000,000 Combined Single Limit Each Accident
- Excess or Umbrella Liability Coverage: Contractor shall purchase and maintain Excess Umbrella Liability Insurance or Excess Liability Insurance on a full occurrence form providing the same continuous coverage(s) as required for the underlying Commercial General, Business Automobile and Employers’ Liability Coverage(s) with no gaps in continuity of coverage(s) or limits with Owner added by endorsement to the policy as an additional insured in the same manner as is required under the primary policies, and shall not be less than:
$4,000,000 Each Occurrence/Accident
BUSINESS NAME ____________________________________________________________________________________
MAILING ADDRESS ______________________________________________________________________________
CONTACT NAME __________________________________________ PHONE ___________________________________
BASE BID ____________________
PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Detailed price sheet broken down for installation
- Exceptions sheet (if exceptions taken)
- Copy of Warranty
I agree to provide the above items at the prices indicated, meeting all specifications unless exceptions are noted.
Bipart Sliding Automatic Door
Remove two (2) old doors. Furnish and install two (2) new, bipart sliding automatic doors per project scope of work.
Automatic Door Specification
- Door to be bi-parting, automatic, “ASSA ABLOY” brand, model Besam SL500 to match existing doors (to be replaced)
- Full Breakout.
- Glazed with ¼ inch safety glass.
- Medium stile and rail.
- Motion detector activation for two-way traffic with fully adjustable sensitivity.
- Threshold presence safety system.
- Locking – (key cylinder @ exterior/thumb turn @ interior). Airport to provide cylinder and core.
- Bidder responsible for field verification of all dimensions for door installation.
- The intent of this “Invitation to Bid” and “Bipart Sliding Automatic Door Specification” is not to preclude manufacturer of such door from proposing or bidding engineered, manufactured, and advertised as standard base equipment so long as the general operational intent of the Invitation to Bid and Specification are met. Pre-engineered, manufactured, standards are generally acceptable.
- Contractor will provide all labor, supervision, materials, tools, safety equipment and product to perform job.
- Contractor will comply with all safety and working permit instructions from the Airport.
- Contractor will clean and remove all job related debris.
- Contractor to field verify all door/project dimensions prior to installation of door. New door must fit in existing door opening.
- Bi-Part Automatic Doors provided under this request for bid will be warranted as per manufacturer’s standard warranty.
- Labor warranty will 12 months from date of installation