Airport Maintenance Manager
THE POSITION: The Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport is in a transformative period driven by significant economic growth and expansion of Bay and Walton Counties in Florida and surrounding Region.
The Airport Maintenance Manager will be a participatory leader: a results-oriented, relationship-building, self-aware team player who also possesses high integrity, is detail oriented, and fosters trust by building relationships with patience and support in order to provide the best possible services to the tenants and users of the Airport.
The Airport Maintenance Manager directs, plans, manages, and organizes all functions and responsibilities associated with the safe operation of the Airport’s Airside, Landside, and Terminal Maintenance operations. Establishes procedures to ensure efficient utilization of the Department’s resources. Coordinates with other Airport Departments and tenants to ensure objectives are accomplished.
- Customer Service
- Conflict Resolution
- Relationship Management
- Change Management
- Critical Evaluation
- Project Management
- Government regulation(s) interpretation/compliance
- Safety Acumen
Key Functions/Knowledge/Skills/Job Specifications
- Reads, analyzes and interprets general business reports, financial data, and government regulations, in particular, any and all regulations pertaining to Airport Maintenance.
- Prepares reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Maintains high level of customer service, have a friendly attitude and professional appearance at all times.
- Effectively and efficiently manages and supervises a diverse staff.
- Technical skills knowledge
- Works under pressure and stringent schedules and produce accurate and satisfactory results.
- Works with Management and staff to maintain positive image of the Airport.
- Effectively presents information and responds to questions from Management, groups of managers, customers, and the public.
- Proficient in the operation and use of computers and standard office suites.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, in English, both orally and in writing.
- Oversees a facilities and airfield inspection program to ensure:
- The proper maintenance of all airport facilities, roads, grounds, and equipment;
- Compliance with all FAA regulations, procedures and guidelines inclusive of 49 CFR Part 139; and
- Compliance with environmental guidelines and regulations in place at the Airport.
- Develops and/or assists in the development of specifications for the acquisition of equipment, services, and supplies associated with the safety and operation of the airfield and facilities. Monitors the procurement of services and materials and ensures compliance with all current Airport procurement and contracts policies and guidelines.
- Develops annual maintenance department budget. Monitors all maintenance funding accounts to ensure compliance with the Airport’s overall budget.
- Leads staff to encourage staff development; prepares daily work schedules; implements disciplinary actions as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Aviation Administration, Business/Public Administration, Operations Management or related field.
The Airport may consider equivalent combination of education and closely related facilities management experience with two years of related work experience for every one year of formal education.
Ability to pass a personal, criminal and employment background check.
Job requires five (5) years of aviation related experience with progressively responsible experience in airport maintenance, airport operations, or closely related field.
Special Certifications and Licenses
American Association of Airport Executives Certified member (CM) desirable, or be able to obtain within 3 years of obtaining employment with the Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport.
Job requires a current, valid Florida driver’s license, or possess the ability to obtain a Florida Driver’s License as required by State Law (no later than 30 days from job offer and acceptance).
Performs medium to heavy work that involves walking, standing, stooping, jumping, stretching, or lifting all of the time and also involves exerting between 20 and 50 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis or exceptional skill, adeptness and speed in the use of the fingers, hands, or limbs in tasks involving close tolerances or limits of accuracy. Work is performed in a typical, commercial airport environment, with exposure to operating aircraft, dangerous tools, equipment, machinery, inclement weather conductions, noise and fumes.
Compensation and Benefits
The published salary range for the Airport Maintenance Manager position is $64, 035.66 — $99,255.28 annually. Placement is expected within this range based on qualifications and experience.
The Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport offers a highly-competitive comprehensive compensation package to all full-time employees.
Position application information and process are located on the Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport website at: www.iflybeaches.com